What is a ‘grievance’?
A grievance is typically a complaint about something that you believe to be wrong or unfair. By submitting a grievance, you can express your concern or dissatisfaction if you believe that Copperton Wind Farm has treated you (or anyone else) unfairly or unjustly or in case of an incident.
What is the ‘grievance mechanism’?
Copperton Wind Farm is committed to open dialogue and building trustful and lasting relationships with the communities living in the Siyathemba Local Municipality, where the project is located.
With this goal in mind, Copperton Wind Farm has established a so-called “Grievance Mechanism” - an efficient and quick process to receive complaints or expressions of concern from people potentially impacted by its construction activities. The Grievance Mechanism allows Copperton Wind Farm to respond to all complaints and concerns. Copperton Wind Farm will address all grievances in a fair, open and transparent manner. However, in the event that a complainant does not feel that the Copperton Wind Farm Grievance Mechanism has satisfactorily addressed the complaint or concern, the complainant can approach an independent 3rd party mechanism, including the relevant courts.
How does this process work?
Anyone who has been impacted by our project construction activities or has a specific concern, can submit a grievance to Copperton Wind Farm. The following process will be generally followed:
- Copperton Wind Farm will confirm its receipt in writing within five (5) calendar days, and we will respond to it within 30 calendar days, depending on the complexity of the case;
- Copperton Wind Farm will thoroughly investigate all genuine grievance cases. Cases which are deemed to have been addressed before or grievances which are not related to Copperton Wind Farm, will not be investigated;
- Copperton Wind Farm aims to find mutually acceptable solutions whenever possible and will aim to discuss the resolution with the complainant;
- Copperton Wind Farm will propose appropriate solutions based on facts and evidence;
- If you are not satisfied with Copperton Wind Farm response or the proposed solution, you can approach an independent appeal mechanism for arbitration;
- Copperton Wind Farm will keep all details of your grievance strictly confidential.
How to submit your grievance?
Please find the easiest way for you to submit a grievance from the options described below.
- In person at our Community Liaison Desk, where our staff will help you completing the Grievance Form:
- Using the Online Grievance Form below: